Saturday, October 13, 2012

Oh so many uses

Have any of you Google users out there seen just how many additional search operators they have? My favorite, and the reason for this post is "is:unread"! I use it so often from my Android phone that it's a word in my Swype dictionary. What's the big deal? This allows frenzied (read "busy") email, Google Voice, or anything readers like myself to go back through our piles of goodies (information is power, remember) and see what we want to read from those we might otherwise have skipped. For one thing I think it's invaluable as a tool to see if there are any voicemail or missed call notifications about which my mobile app has failed to inform. Or anything that is important that's gotten buried under "missed calls" from that annoying sales guy - I don't have the heart to block the number just yet. Does anyone else find themselves scrolling through patches of unread mail saying "later, when I have time..." only to realize they went right passed something that would have cost them dearly because it didn't grab attention? This has saved me from a number of those situations where email could not have it's normal 24 hour expected turn around. I'm still working on how some clients think email is immediate! As such I find my best connect method a very fluid concept. But that is a start of a very different post. Here is a link to Google's helpful little trick list, including is:unread http://p.geekcloud.co/UT0rfF . By the way, feel free to email me at lookmomnohands+ireadyouremail@gmail.com for another tip which is sometimes useful. One last tidbit: that email can also be sent to lo.ok.mo.mn.oha.nds+cooltrick@Googlemail.com it all gets to the same place.

Posted via email from lookmomnohands' posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment